Monday, April 27, 2009

Letter to President Obama

Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD

410 Lakeshore Dr.

Bennettsville, SC 29512

(912) 656-2297

jpsaleeby@aol.com

www.saleeby.net

April 27, 2009


President Obama

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500


Dear Mr. President,


I have written several times via e-mail, but find it necessary to write you and your secretary of health & human services in a more formal way due to the importance of my message and concerns.


I am no ivory tower academician. I am no triple boarded physician in a leadership position so removed from clinical medicine to be objective or even useful. What I am is an American trained physician in general practice. I am a clinician foremost and in the front lines of emergency medicine. I do have ideas I would love to share with you and Ms. Sebelius. With 17 years of practicing medicine under my belt in a few arenas within healthcare, I feel I cannot stand by silently and watch an institution I hold in extreme regard and cherish fail to perform its primary function in an efficient and cost conscience manner.


I have some rather radical, non-conventional ideas on reforming medical education, residency training and the certification process. As it is now, it is unappealing to those seeking a career in medicine; the system is infected with bias and in cases harboring monopolies in specialty fields by self serving medical societies and lobbying groups.


I have rather strong feelings regarding the place and power exerted on the field of medicine by self proclaimed watchdog groups such as JCAHO and others. They place oftentimes unnecessary requirements on the healthcare delivery system that drives cost skyward. They benefit no one but their own pockets and agenda.


I believe the administration deserves to hear other voices that are forward thinking, unconventional and that would result in real change. I humbly offer myself in any way I can to help you and this nation achieve a better system of healthcare. I am the grunt in the field seeking an audience with my general to paint a true picture of the battlefield and seek to find viable and realistic solutions to win this war.


Respectfully,



JP Saleeby, MD


CC: Kathleen Sebelius

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Charleston; Myrtle Beach, SC; Raleigh-Durham, NC; Orlando, FL, GA, NC, SC, VA, FL, United States
https://www.saleeby.net https://www.CarolinaHolisticMedicine.com medical advisory board member UK's LDN Research Trust